Monday, June 25, 2007

Day 4, Part 2: Beauty beyond words...

What a phenomenal day! The weather was perfect! We hiked a total of about 8.5 miles and saw seven incredible waterfalls: Punchbowl and Metlako (see earlier post), Horsetail, Wahkeena, Bridal Veil, Latourell and Upper Latourell. This gorge is amazing: beauty beyond words:

Horsetail Falls


Robert on the trail


Robert at Wahkeena Falls


Robert being goofy in a tree


Myles being goofy in a tree


Robert at Bridal Veil Falls


Robert at Latourell Falls


Beautiful wildflowers


Upper Latourell Falls

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are incredible. I especially love the ones where Robert is actually smiling. I'm so glad you guys are having a great time. I didn't know there was a Bridal Veil Falls somewhere other than Yosemite, but I guess that's silly because there are probably a lot of water falls that look like bridal veils.
Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

Robert - Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me!! Your trip looks AMAZING!!!! I am pleased to hear you are finding the lifebook project useful. I know how much you disliked it upon completion!

The photos your father has posted are AMAZING! I think I need some lessons with my camera! I cannot wait to see more :) I am sorry this post is a bit brief, but I am still in Japan and I have a conference to head off to. I hope your trip continues to be amazing!!!!!!

Mrs. Robson

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those photos are so beautiful. I have one question however... Why does it look like Bob is wearing the same shirt (DCB) during two different days hikes? Maybe Mom and Care need to be helping the boys remember their personal health care.
Love You,
See you soon!

Myles said...

Actually, the boys are doing quite well with health and hygiene. If you notice, both of those posts are from Day 4. So yes, he was wearing the same DCB shirt for the entire day.

Myles said...

and...he's brushing his teeth twice a day, too!