Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Busy Week for Ordinary Moments

Last week was a busy week for ordinary moments. After returning from our vacation, I went to LA for work. It was a good week, nothing too stressing and productive by the end of it. One overcast morning, I took a short walk before work in a nearby neighborhood and marvelled at the blooming flowers in everyone's front yards. We don't have much of that (blooming flowers or overcast mornings) here in Tucson.

Kim and the kids drove out Thursday, we spent that night in my hotel, and then drove to San Diego Friday morning. We spent the day at Sea World, which was quite fun and exhausting (at least for me) at the same time. Often when I have a chance to see so many different species of God's creatures, I am awed at the immensity and mystery of creation. This experience was no different, especially standing in front of one of the freshwater aquarium tanks and looking at the fish looking at me. It was eerie and wonderful at the same time. Watching the trainers work with the killer whales and dolphins also reminded me of how connected we all are - not only with each other within the human race, but also with all of creation. How often I forget this in my day-to-day life as I'm busy doing this and that and missing paradise all around me...

No comments: