Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Day 11: Hiking in Whistler

Yesterday we hiked around Whistler Village on the many, many trails easily available. We ventured out to Lost Lake and had a nice picnic on the lake's edge and even found a rope swing on one of the big trees for the kids and Kim to play on. (No, I wasn't afraid the rope would break if I swung. I knew the rope would break if I swung!)

There is just too much to see, and we're already talking about when we can come back. Today the weather is overcast and rainy, so we may head into Vancouver and spend the day there. I'll just have to wait until everyone else is awake and see what they want to do! Ahhh...the Blenz Classic Chai is very good with John Mayer singing in the background.

Our picnic spot on Lost Lake


Carolyn swinging over the lake


Robert on the trail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, every day I am just in aw of how gorgeous the world can be and I am jealous that I am not there to enjoy it with you! It seems so serene up there and when you go back PLEASE take me with you! I hope you have a wonderful rest of vacation. Tomorrow we leave for Phoenix, i asked my parents why when it is supposed to be 112 degress tomorrow that we are going to a place where it will be 117 or higher!!! Have a happy fourth in Canada and know that our love is watching over you!
Love,
Taylor