Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mastering the daily routine of living

One of the books I am reading for my summer class is Leading the Congregation by Norman Shawchuck and Roger Heuser. I'm about a third of the way through it, and so far they are dealing mainly with foundational leadership topics with an emphasis on the uniqueness of leadership in ministry. The first few chapters deal primarily with self-leadership, and I came upon this a few minutes ago that resonates with me:

Time carries with it no guarantee that it will serve us - it is only made available to us. We are responsible to learn how to get the most out of the passing hours, days, months, and years. Perhaps the rewarding, and even successful, life is not so much a matter of carrying out the large projects as it is mastering the daily routine of living.

Shawchuck and Heuser, Leading the Congregation, 92.

No comments: