Friday, August 10, 2007

Not sure what just happened...

Tonight in class, in the midst of something which initially appeared as very ordinary, something extraordinary occurred.

Right now it feels very holy, and I'm struggling for words.

I think this was one of those times when God interrupted our plans to reveal something to us. I don't think I'm exaggerating by saying that everyone felt something was...shifting. I think every one of us could feel it. I think most of us caught a glimpse of ministry that you can't get from a book or a sermon or a lecture. And I think a few of us walked away tonight facing demons we didn't know were there.

Healing, restoration, forgiveness, grace, mercy - yes N., the kingdom is that radically different, and no, it doesn't make sense, does it?

Why are we doing this on a Friday night? Why are we giving our lives to it? Because He did, and He has called us by name, and we have nowhere else to go. That is where the power comes from. That is where the authority comes from. It doesn't come from position or title or credentials or degrees. It comes from Him.

What else are we to do? What else can we do?

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

Hey Myles, those God moments are unforgettable, aren't they?

Glad the Lord is moving in your life! Thanks for coming over my way.

Myles said...

Yeah, I don't think I'll forget that night for a long time...it was a totally unexpected mixture of pain and beauty. Not unlike the cross, I guess...