Friday, September 21, 2007

Can't get enough of Who We Are

My son gave me this CD for my birthday, and I just cannot stop listening to it. It is phenomenal! Jason Wade (lead singer) has proven himself a very talented songwriter. "First Time" is the first release to radio, and it's getting a fair amount of playing time. However, I think the best songs are yet to be released.

Wade's lyrics are gut-wrenching and heart-pulling. In "Disarray" he sings about angels and demons, fact and fiction: "Someday I'm gonna find it/Wish I knew what I was looking for." In "Whatever It Takes," he sings about hurting someone he deeply loves: "I'll do whatever it takes/To turn this around/I know what's at stake/I know that I've let you down/And if you give me a chance/Believe that I can change/I'll keep us together/Whatever it takes." "Broken" is a ballad of pain and hope that is quickly becoming my favorite on the entire CD. "The Joke" offers an odd but moving look at suicide. And "Storm," a plea for help in the midst of a storm, is the finale that makes me hit the replay button:

If I could just see you
everything would be alright
If I'd see you
the darkness would turn to light

And I will walk on water
And you will catch me if I fall
And I will get lost into your eyes
Everything will be alright
Everything is alright

Here's my simple advice: GET THIS CD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME CD!!!!
Love Me