Thursday, February 7, 2008

Day 2

I feel very drained after the past few days. But tomorrow is my day off, so I'm hoping I can rest and regroup before Saturday when we leave for Vegas for my brother-in-law's wedding. That will be a fun weekend, and a nice break.

The reading for today from Show Me the Way highlighted something I have not been doing well lately: living in gratitude. Here is what Nouwen has to say:

A life of faith is a life of gratitude - it means a life in which I am willing to experience my complete dependence upon God and to praise and thank him unceasingly for the gift of being. A truly eucharistic life means always saying thanks to God, always praising God, and always being more surprised by the abundance of God's goodness and love.
God, please replace my bitterness with gratitude, my frustration with thanksgiving, my fear with trust.

No comments: