Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 8

So, here is a question for you: how many coincidences have to occur in a day before you decide they are not coincidences at all?

If you have some pressing issue or question or decision to make, and you are seeking God's guidance and direction about it, and then a string of things occur which seem to be pointing you to a resolution, when do you concede that maybe God is answering and these are not just coincidences?

This has happened to me twice - last Wednesday and today.

It's like the story about a man whose town started to flood. A neighbor came by in a big truck and asked if he wanted to evacuate with him, and the man answered, "God will save me." The water began to fill his house, so he went to the second floor. Then another neighbor came by in a boat and asked that the man come with him and evacuate. The man smiled and answered, "God will save me." When the water reached the second floor, the man climbed to his roof. When a helicopter came and the pilot begged the man to climb aboard and be saved, the man only answered, "God will save me." Well, sure enough, the man drowned, and upon meeting God in heaven, he asked, "God, what happened? Why didn't you save me?" And God answered, "I sent you a truck, a boat, and a helicopter. What more did you want?"

What more do I want?

No comments: