Monday, March 24, 2008

Back on the road

I'm back in Southern California this week, but what a beautiful week to be here. It's another postcard week: clear and sunny and cool, with wildflowers blooming everywhere! I'll try to snap a couple of pictures with my new phone, but I don't have a cable to download them yet, so...yeah.

You know, with all the travel I've been doing lately, I think I need to start a list of what makes a great hotel room. So I'll start, in no particular order, and you can chime in when you like:

  1. An incredibly comfortable bed - like the Westin Heavenly Bed - because after all, that's the main function of the room: sleeping!
  2. Soundproofing: the room needs to be quiet - period - regardless of where it is on the property. Like the Sheraton Gateway at LAX. It's next to one of the busiest airports in the country and I hear nothing outside of my room!
  3. Lots of electrical outlets: I typically bring 4 chargers with me on every trip - cell phone, laptop, MP3 player, and JBL portable speaker. I need a lot of outlets that are not hidden behind the bed!
  4. Wired and wireless high-speed free internet service. Come on, we pay enough for the room already. Skip putting a phone in the bathroom and give me free, fast internet.
  5. A nice clock radio with auxiliary input for my MP3 player so I wouldn't have to take my JBL portable speaker with me all the time - like a Bose Wave System...ahhh...
What else?

No comments: