Sunday, June 8, 2008

22 years of marriage

Yesterday was a great day. After sleeping in until 9:00 (unheard of), I got up, made breakfast for the kids, and then Carolyn and I went shopping for several hours. I needed to pick up a few things before our trip this week. We had just the best time. I love days like that with her. If the day had ended then, it would have been a great day. But to top it off, Kim and I went to dinner with some friends to celebrate her graduation and 22 years of marriage. We had such a good time at Blanco Tacos and Tequila, enjoying - what else? - tacos and tequila. A little Starbucks on the way home, a little conversation on the patio, and the day ended in near perfection. It doesn't get any better than that, and my heart is filled with gratitude and joy.

No comments: