Saturday, August 2, 2008

A nice rhythm

Steady. That's a good word for life over these past couple of weeks. Which is not a bad thing. Work has been busy, but it's nice to not be able to bring any home. I wake up, read the morning office from the Divine Hours, head to work for 9 or 10 hours, come home and spend time with my family, and read the night office before going to sleep. Some people might consider this a rut. I call it a nice rhythm.

The kids start school next Thursday, Kim starts on the 25th, and I don't start until late September. So we've had time to just be together. Robert wraps up band camp today, so we're going to see their first performance of the year in a few minutes. Carolyn is very excited about school starting, and Kim is trying to finish all her summer projects before she starts.

Me, I'm just hanging. We talked with a good friend yesterday, and he called it, "a time of refreshment." He's in one, too. Sometimes I think I should be doing more, be more involved. But, my heart tells me that this is where I should be right now - a season of rest. A season of waiting. A season of wondering and dreaming. It won't last forever, so for now, I'm not rushing it. Sure, when school starts for everyone, we'll all be thrown back into some time crunches. But, as a family, that is our season. And it's good.

No comments: