Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving thanks

There is much to be thankful for in life. And on this day of feasting and celebration, a few big things rise to the top. Today, I am very thankful for:

  • God - my Creator and Redeemer without whom I am nothing
  • My family - without them I would be lost and empty
  • My friends - they shape me, mold me, and make me better in ways I never imagine
  • My health - my annual physical last week showed I was "completely normal" - despite what my kids say about me!
So those are the big ones, but there are some others that are little more "immediate" which deserve mention:
  • Rain last night - a nice and rare November thunderstorm overnight was the first significant rain we've had in months
  • Sunshine this morning - there are still drops of rain on the plants glistening in the sunlight
And last but certainly not least, I am very thankful for:
  • Progress on my paper - after two full days, I'm about 75% finished! Hallelujah!
May your day be filled with joy, great food, and thanks to God who makes it all possible!

No comments: