Sunday, June 10, 2007

Enjoying each moment along the way

Our current Sunday morning series in my church is called Dream Makers. We have been discussing the essence of dreams, of God's whispering in our lives. This morning, Kevin said something which really struck me. He talked about how enduring simply means getting through something, like a trip to the dentist. Persevering, on the other hand, means not missing the moments along the way:

"The whole process of a dream being pursued, even the obstacles to overcome or the discouragements to get through, every piece of this moment to our dream being fully grown is a beautiful moment. And persevering means enjoying each moment along the way for what it is, celebrating each moment in each step, knowing that this is part of the dream. The pathway there is part of the dream."

Are there things in my life that I am merely enduring instead of persevering? Are these things getting in the way of my dreams?

No comments: