Saturday, June 9, 2007

Project complete...almost

My body is very mad at me. My irrigation project is mostly complete, but only because of two things: the power of Ibuprofen and the friendship of Cliff. I've known Cliff for 21 years - he hired me for my first real job. When the company moved us to Tucson, we ended up on the same street together, along with many other friends and co-workers! He retired about five years ago, but stays very active helping neighbors with projects like mine. He saw me working Friday morning and decided to join me for about four hours on Friday and 6 hours today! I wouldn't be anywhere near finished had it not been for Cliff's selfless act of service. His wife, Linda, even went to the local farmer's market and got us each a BBQ pulled-pork sandwich (...cue heavenly music...). Sitting on the ground in the shade, eating a pork sandwich at 9:30am, and talking and laughing with Cliff was my special ordinary moment today. I'm going to go nap now...

No comments: