Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Rainy Morning and a Bagel

I love cloudy, rainy mornings. We don't get many here in Tucson, but we had thunderstorms all night that are just now beginning to clear. So I had a nice walk to my favorite neighborhood Bruegger's bagel shop, got breakfast for the family, and had some memorable ordinary moments:

  • Smelling the freshness of the rain, reminding me to pay attention to each step I take...

  • Touching the wet Red Bird of Paradise in my front yard, reminding me that water is essential to life...

  • Saying good morning to Cliff and Linda on their way home from the Oro Valley Farmer's Market (remember Cliff?), reminding me of friends along the way...

  • Hearing the huff and puff of the beginning jogger passing me ever so slowly, reminding me of the air I breathe...

  • Seeing a circle of rain-battered pink oleander blossoms on the ground around the bush, reminding me that there is a time for every season...

  • Tasting the Bruegger's everything bagel with plain cream cheese, reminding me that food is good...

(bagels are truly bread from heaven...)

No comments: