Monday, December 3, 2007

A Routine Monday

Today was a fairly routine Monday, which was actually good after studying for a final exam last week and traveling. Lunch conversation with my work group around the table focused on the news story about the British teacher in Sudan, imprisoned because her class of 7-year-olds decided to name the class teddy bear "Mohammed." (See story here).

Tonight after work, I met Kim and the kids at Sauce for an early celebration dinner of Carolyn's 13th birthday (which is actually tomorrow). I can't believe she is 13. She's been a teenager for a while, but now it's official. Thirteen years ago Kim complained of stomach pains while we were looking at Christmas lights at the Reid Park Zoo. A few hours later, we had a daughter. Wow. Now she's texting friends on her new phone while checking her MySpace site. And being defiant, just like a teenager. She drives me crazy, and I couldn't love her any more if I tried. She'll be gone before I know it...

No comments: