Saturday, March 8, 2008

Day 28

With only two more weeks before Easter, I'm trying to be more intentional in my reflecting on this season of Lent. I came into Lent feeling somewhat down and struggling with my decision to step away from my staff role at church. But, I'm feeling now like I will come out of this time feeling better. For one thing, I have stayed pretty faithful on my low-carb food consumption. Therefore, if nothing else, I am feeling better physically. I have not dropped a bunch of pounds, but my belt is one notch tighter and I'm not as hungry all the time. I've also been stretched mentally by Greek, but I am finding myself enjoying that very much. I still feel really good about my decision as well - that it was the right decision. Tomorrow will be my first official Sunday away from my old role, and the first Sunday in who knows how long that all four of us will go together in one car, arriving just a few minutes before the service starts.

Yeah, a lot has happened in the past four weeks. I look forward to seeing what is headed my way in the next two weeks...

No comments: