Friday, July 18, 2008

Random thoughts on Friday

I'm at my local Bruegger's where I just finished a Very Veggie and Cheddar, with bacon (of course), on a toasted everything bagel. My tummy is very happy...

  • I'm missing my family - a lot! Kim and Carolyn come home tomorrow night, Robert on Monday night. It's not soon enough.
  • It's very hot today (whine, whine)
  • This morning I fixed a broken section of roof tile on our house. That was a first. We'll see how it holds when the next storm hits.
  • My car needs to be washed, but it's too hot (whine, whine)
  • Can't wait to see the new Batman movie. I have to wait for Robert, though.
  • Heard about a new Terminator movie (thanks, Jeremy!). Christian Bale is on a roll.
  • Just finished re-reading Nouwen's short The Way of the Heart. Solitude, silence, and prayer - practices learned from the Desert Fathers and Mothers applied to contemporary ministry. Beautiful...
  • I missed my walk this morning, because I was working on the roof - and it was hot (whine, whine)...maybe tonight...

No comments: