Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Catching up

A lot has been happening lately, and, in all honesty, I just haven't felt like taking the time to write. But the mood hit me tonight, so here's a recap of the past several days.

Mom spent a couple of days in the hospital this past weekend. She had some sort of intestinal issue which really knocked her down. But she came home Monday and is doing much better.

Besides that, our long holiday weekend was good. On Friday I purchased the most awesome car stereo in the world for my zoom-zoom! It plays MP3/WMA CDs, and has an aux port for MP3 players, built-in iPod controls, and a USB port. So for $30, I bought an 8GB thumb drive and now I can listen to pretty much my entire library of music in the car! (This was an early birthday present for me after my factory car stereo decided to eat a CD on Thursday.)

Kim and I almost made it to the first Arizona football game of the season on Saturday. After the game was delayed for an hour due to lightning, and then the call from Mom at urgent care, we called it a night. Arizona won 70-0 over Idaho, so it wasn't much of a game anyway. Yeah, 70 to nothing!

We spent Sunday afternoon with our best friends at their house, eating, drinking, and watching our kids play. It was great fun and very relaxing.

I've been busy preparing to speak this Sunday at church. I'm going to talk about praying the Psalms (a favorite subject of mine) while praying that God will give me the words to say! It's been almost two years since I taught, and I've had more than a little difficulty preparing for this one. In hindsight, I was not ready to do this again, given everything that has happened in these two years and where my journey is taking me. But, by God's grace, we'll make it through.

Now it's time to try to catch up on some sleep...

No comments: