Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Day 22 - The Decision

Last Thursday, I wrote about coming to some resolution regarding the decision that I have been contemplating for several months now. The decision was whether or not to remain on staff at my church. Kevin and I had a really good talk on Friday morning, and Dave and I spoke this morning which was really good as well. So, after speaking with them and my tech team, I sent the following message tonight to the rest of the staff:

I wanted to let you all know that I have decided to take a break from my staff role at aldea for an indefinite period of time. I have been working in the tech booth since we moved into the building, and really need to step away for a while and rest.

I plan to continue to support the development of the aldea website, and the current tech team will assume some of my other responsibilities. This Sunday, March 2, will be my last Sunday in the tech booth, but I will support them as much as they need through this transition.

As our community continues to evolve and develop over the coming months, something new may emerge which would offer me an opportunity to return to the staff. In the meantime, I look forward to continuing to be part of the aldea community.
As each day passes, I feel better and better about having made the right decision. And, I am beginning to sense a growing anticipation for what God has in mind for me next. But for now, I am at peace and looking forward to simply resting...

1 comment:

Jeremy said...

Wow Myles. Decisions like that are tough, but God knows what He's doing. Keep your eyes on Him and the path will always make sense in the end.