Friday, November 7, 2008

Did you know I had a blog?

I must have forgotten because it's been over a month since I posted anything. Why? Good question. I'm not sure I have a great answer - or any answer at all. So instead of making something up, I'll just catch up some...

  • School has been challenging - for all of us! Kim is barely keeping her head above water in her MSW program. You know, being a full-time graduate student has some appeal, until I watch her and see what she's going through. Wow. As I always say, she's super-mondo-buff-woman!
  • For me, Systematic Theology 2 has been ... ummm ... well ... mostly dull and boring. We're covering a lot of history related to Christology, but good grief. Imagine what could have been done if all of the energy that has been spent on doctrinal debates and theological wrestling matches had been poured instead into loving God and loving our neighbors. Suffice it to say that I don't think I'll grow up to be a systematic theologian!
  • Watching history being made last Tuesday night was pretty cool. Regardless of who voted for whom, the fact that our country elected Obama represents, I think, a huge step toward reconciliation in our country. And, from some of the stories coming out in the last day or two, this election and presidency has enormous potential for worldwide reconciliation. I pray that this is the beginning of something extraordinary...
  • I'm still engaged in my spiritual practices of praying the hours (morning and evening, at least), not rushing, and walking/running. I've failed miserably, though, at maintaining any consistent study of Greek (the one practice I did not write about because it hasn't really been a practice at all!). Somehow, I need to figure out a way to make this happen...
  • Arizona has a shot at a bowl game! No, really. It might happen. Just don't tell the team. They might choke...
Ok, back to homework. Thanks for reminding me that I had a blog...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myles,

Hey, I appreciate the posture of your blog, the desire to be present and enjoy the ordinary. I'm glad you found the primer helpful and thanks for the HT. Much love and peace to you. Maybe we should do lunch sometime, since you are over there at Fuller. If we could slow down enough. lol.

Myles said...

Hey JR -
Thanks for the comment! Lunch would be great - except that I'm one of those Fuller extension students. I live in Tucson, AZ. But if you're ever in the neighborhood...

I saw that you're doing the MAGL. How do you like that?